Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Miffed at BJP’s newfound closeness to archrival MNS, Uddhav Thackeray is likely to announce a divorce from the alliance. This can be a game changer development – it pricks at Modi’s extremely over-inflated balloon that should throw a big spanner in his march to New Delhi and may trigger a chain of political re-alignments...
(Mid-Day) With the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) cosying up with the Shiv Sena’s archrival Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), the Sena may go solo in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. For decades, the Sena has had a seat-sharing alliance with the BJP for elections.
However, the Uddhav Thackeray-led party may choose to break away after the MNS decided to field candidates against it in three city constituencies, even as the latter claimed to support Narendra Modi’s candidature as prime minister. Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut confirmed that party members had called for fighting elections independently.
“There is a demand from Sainiks to go independent. A discussion on the same will take place at Matoshree on Tuesday, in presence of district presidents.”However, the BJP doesn’t seem bothered. In fact, party workers were seen in a celebratory mood as the rumours of the break-off gained momentum. A senior BJP leader, said,“Our party men would be happy if we contest alone. I remember, when Meenakshi Lekhi had come to Mumbai, many workers told her that they want to vote for Modi, but that in their constituency there’s a Sena or an RPI candidate and they don’t want to vote for them. If we have only BJP candidates, we shall surely make it with the Modi wave.”The Sena is miffed with BJP after the latter’s top leaders, like Nitin Gadkari, Vinod Tawde and Ashish Shelar, have been meeting with the MNS. Gadkari had asked MNS to refrain from contesting in upcoming polls, and Tawde had approached Raj Thackeray to gain MNS’ support in the state council polls.If sources are to be believed, Uddhav Thackeray has lost his cool and patience with the BJP. However, a few senior Sena leaders tried dismissing the rumours. A senior Sena leader added,“While it seems unlikely that Uddhav will announce any alliance break up for the Lok Sabha polls, for the assembly elections he is in a mood to teach the BJP a hard lesson.”
The final word on the decision will only come out after the party top brass meets today at Matoshree.
Posted by Rajan Alexander at 9:24 AM
Labels: Narendra Modi; BJP; RSS; Congress; opinion poll; exit; polls; Nitin Gadkari; MNS; Raj Thackeray; Uddhav Thackery; Shiv Sena; NCP; Sharad Pawar;
Saturday, March 8, 2014
(Deccan Chronicle) The signs are self evident that Modi is having second thoughts of contesting outside Gujarat. They are in damage control mode enacting a drama that MM Joshi doesn’t want to part with his Varanasi seat and prepared to fight for it.Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday asked the BJP to announce the seat from where Narendra Modi would be contesting the Lok Sabha election and sought to know if he was ‘scared’ to take on their leader Arvind Kejriwal.If the BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate is not afraid of AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal, let him be clear from where he plans to contest the election against our leader, the party's national spokesperson Sanjay Singh said here."Earlier, BJP was giving indications that Modi will contest from Varanasi and then Arvind Kejriwal announced he might contest from the same seat," said Singh."Is BJP scared of AAP? If that is not the case, then Modi should make his stand clear from where he would be contesting. We will decide our strategy based on that," he told PTI when asked if Kejriwal will take on Modi in Gujarat. "AAP has finalised its candidates from Gujarat and their names will be announced shortly," he told. On the fledgling outfit's future strategy, Singh said, "We will go to each and every state. We will visit Punjab, Bihar, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh in coming days."The AAP spokesman slammed the Modi government for the attacks on vehicles of Kejriwal and another party leader Manish Sisodia during their Gujarat visit. "People know on whose behest these attacks were carried out.There were loopholes in security." He sidestepped a query related to Kejriwal travelling by a chartered plane from Jaipur to Delhi, saying, "Ask the media group (which bore the cost of chartered aircraft)." Earlier today, Kejriwal returned from Delhi to address a public rally at Bapunagar area of the city.Kejriwal, who is touring Gujarat to ‘verify’ claims of development under Modi, visited the Sabarmati Ashram, which is closely associated with Mahatma Gandhi. "This is my second visit to the Ashram. It is a spiritual experience to visit here. Gandhiji's soul resides here. All of us must follow his teachings of truth and non-violence in these difficult times," the bureaucrat-turned-activist-turned politician wrote in the visitor book.
Friday, March 7, 2014
Need more proof than Kejriwal & AAP are just the B Team of the BJP. Look no further...
According to the BJP, accepting funds from Ford Foundation makes you a CIA. Both Kejriwal and Narendra Modi are CIA as both accepted funds from Ford Foundation....Narendra Modi’s was the Chairperson of NGO, GEER Foundation who accepted $ 122,000 from Ford Foundation!
So why does CIA fund two characters that go at each other's throats? You guessed it - they want to create anarchy in India.....
The following are the 16 questions Arvind Kejriwal posed to Narendra Modi in a hand-written memorandum, that he read out to the media on Friday in Ahmedabad:(1) Should you become the PM, will you raise price of the KG Basin gas, already doubled by the UPA Government to USD 8 per unit, to USD 16 per unit?
(2) Why is Gujarat buying solar power at the price of Rs 13 per unit although Madhya Pradesh and Karnatka are buying at the rate of Rs 7.50 and Rs 5, respectively;
(3) On what basis do you claim agriculture growth at 11% while your own government’s statistics says production has declined at minus 1.18% annually and revenue declined from Rs 27,815 crore in 2006-7 to Rs 25,908 crore in 2012-13?
(4) Would you hand over all industries to a few big houses as two-thirds of SMEs have closed down in the last 10 years, particularly in Mehsana district (Modi’s home district) where 140 units out of 187 vanished?
(5) How can you claim to have eradicated corruption as it has infested all levels and departments? Up to Rs 10 lakh are demanded for appointment of a ‘talati’ (revenue official);
(6) Why have you inducted in your ministry people like Babu Bokhiria, convicted for three years in a mining case, and Purshottam Solanki, accused in a Rs 450 crore fishing scandal
(7) Why have you virtually surrendered natural resources of Gujarat to a minister who is son-in-law of the Ambani family, with whom you are said to be close?
(8) How can you claim to have solved unemployment problem when 13 lakh people applied for 1,500 posts of ‘talatis’ recently?
(9) Is not your government exploiting young graduates by paying them only Rs 5,300 per month for five years on contract basis
(10) The state of government schools can be gauged by the fact that only three teachers teach 600 students at some places. What is your comment?
(11) Medical and health services in Gujarat are in a shambles and in grip of corruption
(12) At least 800 farmers have committed suicide in Gujarat in recent years as the government has stopped subsidies and not paying support prices. What is your reaction?
(13) Four lakh farmers are waiting for years to get electricity connection. How can you claim 24x7 electricity availability? Farmers have not been paid adequately for acquisition of their land for industry while the Ambanis and Adanis have got it for just one rupee per square meter. Some farmers have not been paid any compensation at all
(14) Despite raising the Sardar Sarovar dam’s height in 2005, the Kutch people have not been provided water but industries have been. Why?
(15) Despite assuring Punjab that the Sikh farmers of Kutch will not be deprived of land allotted to them, the Gujarat Government has not withdrawn court cases. Why? and
(16) How many aircraft and helicopters do you have? And who owns these? How much do you pay or someone else pays? Why don’t you make public these air expenses?